Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bending Words

If I could bend words
I would build a castle 
Out of H
On which I'd spell E
And an E'mpire would rise up from the ground

If I could bend words
If I could, I'd breathe out clouds of letters made out of dust
Into the air
If I could,  I'd blow them  into a barren land
 And turn them into twigs of "Y"s and L"s on top of a range

Stars of x's would twinkle in the sky at night
Just above the trees, with leaves of p's and q's
A rising sun would set on the other side, where apples as Q's
Would fall on ground of lofty V' W' and N's, upside down,
On a meadow as green as the letter G

Words made out of rough letters would then fling out of those trees 
Like there is beauty  in mumbling 
A newly born child would cry out those words
Until the sun would rise, the apple would levitate,
The Empire would collapse
And words would bend
Until, there would be 
No more letters to spell .

No comments:

Post a Comment